Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32/Olmarik.NV trojan

• Please log in to reply

alpstheguru

alpstheguru

• Pip
  • 3 posts
10/12/2009 8:11:12 PM HTTP filter file a variant of Win32/Olmarik.NV trojan connection terminated - quarantined ATG-WINXP\Alpesh Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe.

The above is the log that adds up in NOD32. Its eating up my processor. The thing is every time i start my pc NOD32 does this startup scan. When i dial out my internet connection firefox opens up with an extra tab added to my already existing tabs www.meetlocalpeople.org & at same time i get the above notification from NOD32. The Pc keeps on working fine. But i see unusual spikes in the processing tab even when it idle. After few hours i get a winlogon.exe Application Error & it i click ok and continuw pc restarts. If i keep it aside and keep working all is good but then i cannot shut it down. Finally i had to turn off the power to switch off the pc. There were some instances when explorer.exe also gave application error & its all just too messed up. When i started getting this problem i changed my antivirus from Vipre to NOD32 and update my Windows Xp to SP3 and all updates there on.I have bit of computer know how so i tried following one of the thread (http://www.geekstogo...an-t253341.html)on this forum just so if i could get it done by myself but got stuck in between.

So please someone out there help me please. :)

Thanks,
Alpesh D

Advertisements

alpstheguru

alpstheguru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Please someone help me.
I've updated Xp with all security updates. winlogon.exe keeps on giving Application error. & still whenever i connect my net connection firefox opens up with www.meetlocalpeople.org