Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stopzilla install has frozen/slowed down everything

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lizabethivy

lizabethivy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So then I uninstalled Stopzilla using Revo Uninstaller... which still left the shortcut Icon on my desktop.

Before I uninstalled, it was taking 15 to 20 minutes for a web page to load, I moved the desktop icon into the trash bin this morning out of frustration, not that I thought it would really help, and now I am waiting anywhere from 3 to 15 minutes. Videos won't play, I just get that aggravating twirling blue circle.

I am new here and have been searching this site for a similar problem, haven't seen it mentioned though as yet. Not to mention that the slowness is keeping me from getting as far as I could have.

I am no geek, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by lizabethivy, 13 October 2009 - 09:20 AM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

Unfortunately, sometimes failed installations can mess up your computer by leaving remnants of the software or by altering system files.

Have you tried to do a System Restore? Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Choose a "bolded" date before you installed Stopzilla, and restore your computer.

If this doesn't work, we'll try something different.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

I just noticed you were referred to the Malware forum in your other topic. Please follow the instructions in that topic, and once your machine has gotten a clean bill of health from the Malware folks, and if you still have problems, return to that topic to post replies.

Since we cannot address the issues in this topic while you're working malware problems (most probably connected), I'm going to close this topic.

makai