Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant Connect to gamming servers

• Please log in to reply

PaintChipz

PaintChipz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay. I read some of the other things that people have posted and i have alot more detail so lets see if this helps.

I was hit by a virus. I had someone remote to my pc and take it out manually. Did a great job i no longer have it. But in the process he got rid of most of my anti viruses. Nortons, Advanced system care, Spybot Search and destroy, He ran Combo Fix to destroy most of the viruses. After that got done with, here is a list of what i can and can not do,

Can do:I can connect to steam and the internet for browsing, I can play Counter Strike Source, and play Call of duty 4 MW. I can connect to ventrilo.
Cant do:I cant connect to your live chat service, when in steam i click the community tab but cant view the page. I recently downloaded Requiem, Insurgency, TeamSpeak, CroNous, Runes of Magic, none of which connect to internet server. and the big one GuildWars. I use to be able to just fine now i cant. they all give me errors about connecting or dont load on the connecting screen.

When i tried redownloading Spybot search and destroy, It requires me to connect to the internet, It doesnt. i installed Malwarebytes. its supose to update with the server, it cant. Im running out of options,

I think it could possibly be A 3rd party program but i dont know what it could be for i have stopped all processess. and i think it could be that nortons wasnt fully taken out therefore its INVISIBLE firewall is preventing me from connecting to internet. My XP firewall is turned off. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

Advertisements

PaintChipz

PaintChipz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just wondering if anyone has read my post yet.... I came here cuz this site got good reviews. So any help at all would be greatly appreciated. or i have a program stopping prcoessess, I have some processess that are stopped that i didnt stop.

Edited by PaintChipz, 14 October 2009 - 12:45 PM.