Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Excel 2000 file reverts to an older version of the file from weeks ago

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I NEED HELP! Trying to retrieve data I entered over the last 5 days and SAVED from a file that now shows me only the data from a week ago. Please advise. Need to retrieve what I saved as of yesterday :)

Edited by dmelgray, 13 October 2009 - 06:54 PM.

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
What you're asking can't be done as far as I know. If the file you're opening doesn't show the data, then nothing was saved to it. Are you certain you didn't save the file with changes under another name? You could search your computer for all .xls files and see if you can find a file where you might have saved the data to. Other than that, I doubt there's a solution other than entering the data again.