Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2007 backup

• Please log in to reply

johnette

johnette

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am buying a new computer.Started downloading my pictures and doc's. Realized that I lost my Office 07 disc. How can I transfer Office to my new computer without the original disc?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can't....you'll have to either find the disks...or contact microsoft to see if you can get replacement disk (note: you'll have to PROVE that you have a valid license of office, which is hard to do without the original packaging or a receipt showing that you bought it)

if neither of those work you'll have to buy another copy

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't need the disc as such.
If you still have your product key you can download the trial from Microsoft's Office Online for your version of OFfice and then use your product key to activate it.
Note that if you've lost the product key, the game's over and you'd need to buy a new copy of Office.

stockbrokerguy

stockbrokerguy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
If you have a product key, Digital River should allow you to download it . . . you may have to download a trial version, and then enter your product key to activate.

Edit:Removed number

P.S. Not sure what you do without a product key, but I think I'd start there.

SBG

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i removed that number...i don't know why you'd got through a separate company to get something that you can easily get from microsoft