Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Formatting 3 1/4 floppy

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My Granddaughter used Microsoft Word to do her school papers, She ofter saves these documents to floppy and gives them to me to print out for her.
When I attempt to open the document in my computer for printing I get a notification that the disk is not formatted or is formatted for Macintosh.
We are both using PCs with Mictosoft Word 2002. My PC is a New Dell and her PC is an older unknown brand running Windows 98. :tazz:

Thankyou: Dan

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi Dan

It sounds to me like the floppy disk may be faulty. When you receive that error message for a particular floppy disk, can your granddaughter still open the documents from that same disk on her machine afterwards?