Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Undeletable program on desktop

• Please log in to reply

jesse24

jesse24

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I have recently been a victim of malware and, although the problem has been resolved, I cannot delete the program "GMERS" (which I saved as "gamers.exe" to my desktop as to not be detected by the previous malware I had that disabled its ability to run). I recieve the message: "Cannot delete gamers: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use." My disk definitly isn't full, write protected, and to my knowledge from the taskmanager the program isn't running. Anyone with advice on how to delete this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Ooops, malware related. Should've stick my rusty head elsewhere :)

Edited by Salagubang, 15 October 2009 - 04:57 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I have recently been a victim of malware and, although the problem has been resolved

By whom?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Malware topic HERE never completed. :) :)