Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another Problem....

• Please log in to reply

Maddie

Maddie

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello again,

New headacke....

I try to change the screen resolution...but when I click this...nothing happens...try, and try again...nothing happens.

As long as I just play my games, or go on the net, all seems ok, but I have a gut feeling all is not well with other programs.

When I close down my pc, I often get a small window come up that say to end task, or cancel... something about some other program not responding, something that should be shut down before I can close down.

I wish I REALLY knew something more than I do about my pc but a few games, and surfing.

Please if you can will you help me?
Thanking you for your time.

Maddie <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Use Hijack This and paste your Startup List:

Look at the Buttons on the right. Click the Config... button to go to the next Screen.

Posted Image
StartupList

StartupList is a utility which creates a list of everything which starts up when you boot your computer plus a few other items. When run, it creates a file named StartupList.txt and immediately opens this text file in Notepad.

Clicking the Config... button on the Opening Screen takes you to the Screen shown on the left. This is the Main Page. Looking at the top, you will find four buttons. Click the Misc Tools button at the far right.

Posted Image

You are now at the Page shown above. Notice the three buttons in the middle area of the window. Click the Generate StartupList log button. A confirmation box will pop up. Click Yes.

The Startup list text file will now be generated and opened on the screen. Please highlight all, and then copy and paste the contents into your Reply in the same post where you originally asked your question.

Click Here to Download HijackThis
(NOTE: You must register and be logged in to download files.)

Questions? Comments? Visit our

Browsers/Spyware Forum

Merijn.org
www.tomcoyote.org

terms of use

Maddie

Maddie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
:D

Thank you for your reply.
I have printed down the page, and I am trying to digest it all.
I did go to the HIJACKTHIS link, and downloaded the program...now to make it work...

Thank you again, I'll be back to you.

Maddie <_<

Maddie

Maddie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
<_< :D :D !!!

Hello again....

I tried to get this HijackThis in a proper folder of it own...but no luck...as soon as I finish downloading it a new screen opens to tell me that this HJ has gone to my Temp Folder and that I should make a folder for it...yes I know this...but I still can't get it done...
I feel hopeless....anyway I messed around my pc a wee bit and clicked on "control panel" again and clicked on "Switch to Classic view" In this mode I can change screen resolution, and access other things....
Just now I'm tryinng to repeat this the computer goes blank, I click the red X to close the window, and another window opens telling me the program is not responding, and I have a choice..the end program or close?

This small window come on everytime I shut down my pc...and then its alway that "hpcmpmgr.exe" program not is not responding...a program I have never used.
I even looked at how do I remove said program from the "Add/Remove" program but can't find this....

I wish I could just send you my pc....
Sincerely
Maddie :P