Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

free scanning software

• Please log in to reply

proudtexan

proudtexan

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i was wondering if there is any free tools that will let ya scan and covert a scan file into lets say csv format to import in to a address book

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
What exactly are you attempting to do? What are you trying to scan?

proudtexan

proudtexan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
well like my post said when i scan a document it comes out jpeg or something of that nature u know graphic scans. i am trying to convert it to a csv file etc to import it into my address book. didnt know would there be any free programs out there to do this sort of thing

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If you talking like jpeg scans of business cards and such, I don't think it can be done. You'd probably have to scan them using OCR software, edit and save the result as a text file and then import that into Address Book. Quicker just to type the info into the address book.

proudtexan

proudtexan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
well just takes forever to type and i have a scanner so why not no its addresses from a address book offline

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most recent scanners come with a utility CD that typically features some OCR software that will probably do what you want.
Note that if all the entries are hand-written OCR probably won't be able to read it so you'll be forced then to manually type everything by hand.
I'd get typing if I were you :)

proudtexan

proudtexan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
well my scanning cd that came with the scanner wont install even hp could not get it to work. but the drivers will. well im trying to scan a print hard copy of a directory. well i came across several programs that said ocr maybe i need to try em dont know