Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Using second hand computer/printer, driver trouble

• Please log in to reply

nciacy

nciacy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I am using a CPU bought from a school auction which was running on a network. P4, 1.7G, xp pro with service pack 3.

Most things have worked fine but my sister gave me an HP photosmart c3150 that she didn't have the disk for. After numerous failed downloads finally got it and get a message on install that the file is corrupt and a checksum error contact them. After 3 redundant chat sessions they said to reinstall windows and then try. Surely there's an easier way.

Thanks for you time,
Nora

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

If you're getting an checksum error from the downloaded file, then it probably means the download is corrupt. If you're having trouble downloading, have someone else download it for you on another computer and give it to you on a flash drive or CDROM and try to install using that file.

nciacy

nciacy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:) Sorry I haven't thanked you sooner for taking the time to reply. For those bothering to view hoping for help I found a gimpy driver at driverguide. I have to go in through paint and acquire image to make it scan then convert to the file types I need to fax, but it's better than nothing. I have a couple of people who've promised to burn it to disk for my but they're busy folks.

Again, thanks for your time
Nora