Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 7 bsod on install

• Please log in to reply

G-bo

G-bo

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi folks was wondering if you could help me with an install I was doing of windows 7.It all started when I inserted win 7 disk and went to boot from the dvd drive.Goes ok for a short while then bsod appears before too long.The screen say's "system encountered an uncorrectable hardware error".the code it shows me is 0x00000124(0x00000000,ox8f5cb024,0xf6448000,0x00000145)I have ran the windows 7 upgrade advisor and it said that it passed so I thought it would install ok.The Advisor did however say that my sound card drivers were not compatiable and should be updated.My audio card is an M-Audio delta audiophile 192 and I searched the company's site for a driver but they only have a beta version available at present so I got it.I had read on the M-Audio forums that others were using it with good results.Not sure how to proceed from here,I can get back into my old system(when I turn on the comp It goes to windows boot management screen I believe it is called)from there I just select go to last working sys config.I have updated all the drivers sound ,video ect.Not sure what else I can add if you have any ideas I would much appreciate it.Thanks,Cheers.

Advertisements