Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is Windows Dead? Two Blue Screens Of Death

• Please log in to reply

Mulsiphix

Mulsiphix

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The Problem
I am using Windows XP Pro SP3. Last night I did quite a few things. I removed a couple of trojan virii, ran three adware scanners, installed 19 windows updates, and then rebooted. As soon as the Windows loading screen comes up it triggers a BS with no information about any particular files. When I attempt to login to safe mode I receive a different BS which says something about a page_fault.

The Errors
Booting Into Windows
STOP: 0x0000007E (0x80000003, 0x805C49B8, 0xB84C7338, 0xB84C7034)

Booting Into Safe Mode
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (at top of screen)
STOP:0x00000050 (0xC81C48CC, 0x00000001, 0x80537009, 0x00000000)

What I've Tried So Far
Today I removed my CPU, three sticks of RAM, and Video Card and ran them through stress tests on a second computer. All passed with flying colors after 8 straight hours of stress testing with ATI Tool, Memsys 86+, and Orthos. I went into the BIOS of the troubled computer and tried fail safe defaults, optimized defaults, and disabling everything on the motherboard except the SATA stuff (HD is SATA). Both BS errors remained no matter the configuration.

My Thoughts & Request For Suggestions
I just don't have the time for a fresh install as my last one took three weeks to complete from backing up files to the final OS tweaks. I'm not quite sure how to proceed. I've had this OS running smooth for two years without a single hiccup and now this. Since I can't get into Safe Mode I cannot uninstall the Windows Updates or run additional software to look for registry corruption or other goodness like that. I'm so busy right now I just don't have the time for a fresh install. Do you guys have any suggestions on further steps I may take to save this OS?

Edited by Mulsiphix, 17 October 2009 - 01:31 AM.

Advertisements