Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

userinit.exe - Bad Image

• Please log in to reply

darrellO

darrellO

• Pip
  • 3 posts
That root file seems to be the cause of all the Bad Image windows I get whenever I start my laptop. There are about a hundred .exe files that all say Bad Image and then say something about the file not being designed for windows or has an error. I suspect it has an error caused by a virus or worse. Can anyone give me some guidance as to how to fix this?

I already tried the RecoveryDisc method by downloading Vista Recovery Disk ISO and that didn't take away the problem. It helped which means I took care of some of the issue, but do I have to do a complete system restore? I am in the process of doing a file back up now and plan on trying that next. If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to let me know. Thanks guys.

here is a list of the .exe files that come up as having errors:

AtBroker.exe
userinit.exe
dwm.exe
explorer.exe
VongoTray.exe
GrooveMonitor.exe
hpwuSchd2.exe
reader_sl.exe
HPadvisor.exe
SweetIM.exe
LightScribeControlPanel.exe
Skype.exe
csc.exe
ApMsgFwd.exe
ApntEx.exe
YahooMessenger.exe
SkypePM.exe
cutres.exe
Ymsgr_tray.exe
QLBCTRL.exe
iTunesHelper.exe
HPWAMain.exe
HpqSRmon.exe
Apoint.exe
WiFiMsg.exe
rundll32.exe
SearchProtection.exe
ntvdm.exe
QPService.exe
MUIStartMenu.exe
ntvdm.exe
ehtray.exe
HPKBDAPP.exe
QTTask.exe
Rmtray.exe
petsTray.exe
jusched.exe
wmpnscfg.exe
MSASCwi.exe
sidebar.exe

other .exe errors pop up every time I try to open a program from the desktop also.........someone, please help me fix this nuisance!!!!!

Advertisements