Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound on bootup

• Please log in to reply

fledgling

fledgling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
DevMgr.JPG Good Morning,
Well, after a week of no problems, I booted to no sound this morning. The Realtek process failed to initiate again. I know if I reboot it, based on history, the sound will work, but I will keep machine running at least for today without rebooting, awaiting a reply.
Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
From your picture everything seems to be working correctly.
There are no yellow exclamation marks at all showing.
I am really starting to think your audio is failing on the motherboard itself.

fledgling

fledgling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Would that stop the driver from loading & then showing red or yellow mark in dev mgr?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes it would because if at the time the audio device is malfunctioning then the driver wouldn't be able to find it.

fledgling

fledgling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Thank you. I guess I should be looking at new laptops.
In the meantime, I unistalled, then got another driver from Acer (just in case old one was corrupt), reinstalled & sound is now working. Probably temporary but for now I have sound.
Thanks again for your help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not knowing the extent of the problem it may be worth taking it to a shop and have them look at it.
The issue could be related to a broken solder point or the audio chip may very well be faulty.
If you are seriously thinking of purchasing a new system then I would keep this one just as a work system.

fledgling

fledgling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Good advice, again. Thanks.