Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan-spy.html.suitfraud.c [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nontoxicdrama

nontoxicdrama

• Pip
  • 1 posts
yesterday while on my computer i got a message that popped up about ActiveX, then my background changed to a blue security message with tiny white text reading:
A fatal error in IE has occured at 002D:C0011C36 in VXP VMM<01) ' 0001DE36. Error was caused by Trojan-Spy.HTML.Suitfraud.c
*System can not function in normal mode.
Please check your security settings.
*Scan your PC with any avaliable antivirus/spyware remover program to fix the problem.

so far my background and my homepage have been changed...and i cannot change them back. ive run scans from spybot, spyware doctor, ad-aware, fixblast, and some norton scans. its says that i have 1220 infected files. i can get on the internet and i can access webpages without problem. i do not get any pop ups or anything. just a bluebackground and a changed homepage. what do i do!?!

Edited by nontoxicdrama, 15 May 2005 - 09:17 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Welcome to Geeks 2 Go. Sorry about the delay in getting to your post, we have been very busy.

Do you still require help or are your problems resolved.

Please let me know and if you still require assistance, please post a fresh HJT log.

Regards,

Usetobe

no response topic closed

Edited by usetobe, 19 June 2005 - 12:47 AM.

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.