Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

shrink to fit desktop

• Please log in to reply

richard58

richard58

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently installed a new ws monitor(1680x1050) to replace an older and smaller monitor(1280x1024).My computer recognizes the new monitor,I changed the resolution screen also in order to accept the higher resolution.When I pull up the desktop or email or any page for that matter,either the bottom of the screen where the start button is disappears or on the top the button to close the screen is gone as well.Text also disappears until I move the cursor and then the whole screen will then move to show what's on it.Any ideas on how to solve this matter?I also have updated the driver on my video card and the computer says that everything is working properly.Video card is an nvidia geoforce 5500 w/256mb. :)

Advertisements

Ratboy

Ratboy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
If your cursor disappears off the screen it means that you have to adjust the settings on your monitor. You should have some buttons on the monitor itself that will adjust the screen size.