Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Infected with Trojan Horse Generic14.BATK - HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Rahul Shial

Rahul Shial

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Dear Sirs/Madams,

I have a Dell 1535 Studio laptop with Vista 32bit OS, 4GB Ram, etc, etc. My laptop has been infected with the Trojan Horse Generic14.BATK since quite some time. I get the problem while installing games I got from my brother on a cd. However the games worked for quite some time. Then gradually they start dying. General error received is "r_inch.exe is infected...." So I end up uninstalling all games. Run AVG (free) scans, etc and think that my machine is safe. However, when I try to install the games again, the thing strikes again. I scan the CD, and nothing.

Went thru your forums and was very impressed with the help others are receiving. Please help me too.

Best Regards

Rahul Shial

Advertisements

Rahul Shial

Rahul Shial

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I went thru the other links and downloaded ComboFix.exe. Attached here are the log files.

Attached Files