Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stop 0x0000007E Error - Non Booting OS

• Please log in to reply

msmx2

msmx2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Last update.

I removed the hard drive, put a jumper in to make it a slave drive and connected it to my PC. I booted the PC and the drive showed up as an additional hard drive.

I then scanned the drive and was not surprised when a Trojan was found. I quarantined the file.

I then removed all the files I needed to and reinstalled the drive to my mothers PC. I am going to reinstall Windows and start clean.

Thanks again for your help.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
At this point, it may be your best option.

JD37

JD37

• Pip
  • 7 posts
We've got a mup.sys error on one of our computers at work. When starting normally, we get to the welcome, select profile screen than it simply blue screens, with the stop: 0x0000007E error code. We can get to safe mode with no problem, and mup.sys is the last loaded driver, but it does continue on into safe mode. We tried a registry cleaner program, but that didn't fix it.

There have been no added hard drives or anything to this computer.

The computer is a Dell Precision PWS390, with a 3 GHz pentium 4 CPU, 2 GB of RAM, and it's running XP Pro,Ver. 2002, Service pack 3.

I don't know alot when it comes to hardware on these things, so you may have to bear with me.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
JD37
You need to start your own topic.