Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer - repeatedly reporting "This page has an unspec

• Please log in to reply

RVTBob

RVTBob

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi Geeks!

I am a loyal follower of your security and maintenance recommendations. They are great. Recently, and I can't remember "what button I pushed" before this started, Internet explorer has been reporting "This page has an unspecified potential security risk. Would you like to continue? It does this on some Yahoo pages, Lance Armstrongs "Livestrong.com", and other sites that one would expect to be clean. I run windows XP SP3, Internet Explorer 8 - it might have been after I upgraded to 8 that this started. My internet connection is ISDN to 1 computer, no network gear attached. I have search the web and all I come up with is are solutions that relate to computers on an intranet connecting to the internet. Your sagely advice and a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

rvtbob

Advertisements

RVTBob

RVTBob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Update. I have continued to play with this issue and managed to make it go away. As I mentioned earlier, I am a single computer on the end of an ISDN line, so I never gave much thought about IE 8's intrAnet security. In a "I don't believe this will help but I'll do it anyway" attempt to stop this frustrating and annoying problem, I went into Tools, Internet Options, Security, IntrAnet, and set the slider to highest protection. The nuisance problem went away. If anyone would like to enlighten me as to why, I would be appreciative.

RVTBob