Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Easy to install firewire card?

• Please log in to reply

Deven

Deven

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I was thinking about getting a PCI firewire card for transfer of songs to my iPod rather than getting USB 2.0 since im here stuck with usb 1.1, but i had a question about installation, do i just pop the card into the pci slot, turn the comp on and run the software that comes with it? how would i know if everything is compatible with my computer? does each card have a particular kind of pci slot or all they all the same?

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
hooking up a pci is all the same. just plug it in should work with out installing software but install it to be on the safe side. you should get usb 2.0 pci card because it is used more often then fire wire