Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop display problem

• Please log in to reply

wayne65

wayne65

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:) I have a gateway mx6625 laptop, new motherboard, new keyboard. The problem is: after a varying time period the display blanks. I ohmed the power and video cables during the M.B. replacement, did not find any breaks. I would appreciate a suggestion as to a possible area to further investigate. Backlight lamp going out?

When it blanks, close the lid and reopen brings diplay back on.

Advertisements

wayne65

wayne65

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Display problem resolved. It was the lid closing sensor not clearing sufficiently when opened. This caused the backlight to turn off when ever the lid was moved or any vibration effected the computer desk or table. Thanks to all who looked. I hope this may help someone in the future. Wayne65