Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

omputer crashed after installing vista sp 1

• Please log in to reply

Steve DeVore

Steve DeVore

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Earlier today I I downloaded and installed windows vista sp2 to my HP laptop. After installing the computer shutdown and will not come back up. I've tried a system restore but it never completes (just says it is finalizing the restore but never ends). Tried to load in safe mode, again it stops in the middle of loading. I powered down the laptop and when it comes back up it has a black screen and runs through a bunch of ile names until it freezes with the stop code 0xc0190002.

please help

Advertisements

Steve DeVore

Steve DeVore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I have visited several sites trying to find a solution to this problem. most say that I need to delete the file that comes up during the error code, recenlty I get 0x0190036 an the file is capilock.dat. When I bring up the dos command line and try to go into the C drive to delete the fine it says it cannot locate the file. I'm stuck, even downloaded the updated bios for my laptop (this was HP's solution to the problem) and still nothing. Help anyone :)

joanvanessa

joanvanessa

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Earlier today I I downloaded and installed windows vista sp2 to my HP laptop. After installing the computer shutdown and will not come back up. I've tried a system restore but it never completes (just says it is finalizing the restore but never ends). Tried to load in safe mode, again it stops in the middle of loading. I powered down the laptop and when it comes back up it has a black screen and runs through a bunch of ile names until it freezes with the stop code 0xc0190002.

please help

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am experiencing the same exact issue.