Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

restart loop

• Please log in to reply

po11y

po11y

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I think this is either due to the video program from an online site I have downloaded or the Windows update I did on the same day.

When I turn on my computer, it keeps telling me that windows has stopped working and needs to restart in one minute, save my data etc. This happens in a recurrent loop and I can't use the computer. After many attempts, sometimes it lets me in without restarting, but there are still problems.

-when I try to download files from emails, internet, it'll go through the process but when the download is finished, I cannot locate it on my computer.

-I've tried downloading malware removal programs, when they can be downloaded and I try opening them, it says: _______ is not a valid win32 application and I can't run the programs

-If I try to open MSN or skype on my computer, it says: windows live communications platform has stopped working after I log in and I need to close the program

-sometimes my AVG loads, sometimes it doesn't. When I scan my computer, everything seems to be fine

-I've tried to do a system restore, but it fails due to an "unspecified error"

-I've also seen a rundll32 error but I can't remember from what

-on the main log in page, my fingerprint checks correct but windows doesn't load unless I log in with a password

-I have desktop clocks,calenders etc. on the right, sometimes it doesn't load

My computer knowledge is very limited, please excuse me if my descriptions are not very thorough. Is it a virus problem? If this is a case too hard to solve online, please kindly let me know, I'll have my computer checked instead.

Thanks for your attention!! Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

Advertisements