Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare2

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Taken from FPSADMIN

subject : Hope you had a good weekend, the PC community not so .....

Hey ****, I have a feeling it's going to be a long week.

Saturday morning we had our weekly bashandslash podcast where we talk about all things Call of Duty. This week we discussed, the issues with the lack of information from IW or Activision in regards to the soon to be released Modern Warfare 2 game on the PC and the frustration that was being felt within the community. Talk about not seeing what was going to happen next.

Rob (402), while in Amsterdam, was listening and was kind enough to jump on and join us.

First I/We really want to thank Rob for coming on the show to talk to us and give us the lowdown. However where we in for a surprise and granted it was not what anyone wanted to hear but it was nice of him to stop by and chat. I hope you can now understand my other email in regards to my frustration about not knowing what was going on and how my gut was telling me something was very wrong with Modern Warfare 2 on the PC.

A day later and after taking everything in. I'm thinking, IW has underestimated their PC customers again.

The Bashandslash pod cast included, myself, PST*Joker from mycallofduty.com, Garetjax from codtv.tv, Josh from Planetmedalofhonor.com, MatTks from @weplaycod (Twitter) and weplaycod.com, iBleedv20 at omnilinkit.com

A condensed version is here (Jock cut most of our chit chat out before Rob joined us.
http://bashandslash.....=746&Itemid=69

I just wanted to give you a heads up to what is now sending shock waves throughout the PC community as well as making the rounds to some of the larger gaming sites. I'm also hoping you could pass this along to whoever is making these decisions on which direction the Call of Duty franchise is headed for the PC platform.

Thanks for your time and like always you can call or email anytime. However I'll be on a plane most of the am on Tuesday.

Jim Landi
Rudedog
FPSadmin.com
Microsoft MVP, Games for Windows

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
To recap;

No dedicated servers
- Only listening, in which you have to use IW-net + steam just like the Rogue Spear and MNS Zone days...
- Must have graphics card and a copy of the game for each server or each rented customer. Just like the old days...
- VAC via steam for AC
- Private servers can be customized by turning features on and off and will be hosted on your own connection

iw net = blizzard net
What IW Net might look like

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
In keeping with our forums policies, please keep the flames wares to a minimum. This isn't about console vs pc. This is about a company who has a franchise built on the PC. This pc community is large and vocal. It feels like we got punched in the stomach. I don't mind them trying new things. They have every right to do that. Going with Steam gives them a lot more tools and features they could offer. However, It is at the expense of their community. I estimate that as of today that 50,000 game orders have been cancelled. That is a loss of 3 million dollars of revenue. I say that speaking with our wallets will get our voice heard.

Follow the first link above. RudeDog listed a great of info and links on post #22.