Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer keeps restarting and some keyboard keys won't work

• Please log in to reply

Grim Rapper

Grim Rapper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there!

It's my first time on the forum.

I appear to have gotten a very strange (and really annoying) virus. It all started a few days ago:

I was playing Team Fortress 2 as usual, on my favorite server. (it's an online multiplayer game). Then, at some point, (because I run all games in windowed mode for easier desktop access) the taskbar and start menu turned black. There was some blue left, but only a little.

It's then when I (normally) opened Task Manager and found something suspicious in the processes:

m p a p i 3 s . e x e

The reason I'm typing it that way is, because, if I type it the normal way, the computer restarts. Now I don't know how it can detect that, maybe some string functions whatever. So I thought I could try some trials on Antivirus software. I tried Bit Defender, but no matter WHAT program I try, as soon as "Where would you like to save this file to" window appears, the computer restarts.

And today, as soon as I turned on my computer, I opened Task Manager and the processes window.

The task r u n d l l 3 2 . e x e was running, although under MY account, not SYSTEM or NETWORK or anything. I do believe this is a virus... ? I also found out about p i n g . e x e. If I try to type those in, or one of them is on the screen (except while on task manager), the computer restarts.

I can't post any logs because as soon as I try to download an antivirus program (or similar) off the Internet, my computer restarts.

Please help with this issue as soon as possible. I would like a re-format as a last resort.

Thanks!

EDIT: Now a new process, i n e t i n f o . e x e ... under my name.
What is going on? I'm going to watch this forum from another computer so all my stuff doesn't get sucked out of this computer.

Edited by Grim Rapper, 19 October 2009 - 09:44 AM.

Advertisements