Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get logfile

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tofu5

tofu5

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
My homepage keeps going to searchforfree.info.com and adds unwanted bookmarks. I posted a log to this forum and they said I am o.k. I also did spybot search and destroy, cwshredder and stevengould, after I posted. I posted a logfile to hijackthis, the info told me to go to certain websites but after I downloaded the info they said it was for Windows 2000 or sooner. I am Windows 98(I cannot do ewido as an example).
Now when I try to do another hijackthis logfile, this message comes up,
"an error occurred while loading the file C:/unzipped/hijackthis...The file is damaged or is not a valid Dr. Watson file".
What am I doing wrong? Should I get rid of all hijackthis info and try to start over? Thank you.

Nancy

Advertisements

Eric the Red

Eric the Red

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
tofu5,

Please refer to your other thread at http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=24420. As you are being helped there I will close this thread.

Eric the Red :tazz: