Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NT Authority System Shutdown Popup Error 1073741482

• Please log in to reply

szinicz

szinicz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running XP. When I turn on my system I get a popup error that says NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM windows\system 32\services.exe system shutdown error code 1073741482.

There is a countdown from 60 seconds.

Sometimes my icons come up, most time not. Sometimes my mouse point shows up on screen, most times not.

My McAfee was up to date but it refuses to scan my system. Hijack This will not run, nor will the online program for help from Trend Micro.

I have seen many posts on Google for others having my same problem, but I cannot find a solution.

Most times my computer runs extremely slow, if it will run at all, but once today I got it to run faster, but cannot remember how.

I have dialup, so perhaps I need to start with some steps that I can do without an Internet connection first.

Can someone please help me

Advertisements

szinicz

szinicz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This thread can be closed now.

Since no one seemed available or knowledgeable enough to help me out with my problem I finally opted to take my laptop to the Geek Squad at Best Buy.

Not sure how they solved the problem, but the problem has been resolved. :)