Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading My PC

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So am I now. SIW usually will pick it up

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Me too...

Is it an OEM board in a Dell, HP, Compaq, etc?

See if WinAudit will get the info. Download it, install it, and run it. Click on the motherboard section.

athlom

athlom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yeah, I'll pop my case open today after school and take a couple photos.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sounds good. I just want to confirm exactly what motherboard it is, so I can see what parts it officially supports, and therefore be able to recommend upgrades for it.

And yeah, I'm really, really curious! :)

athlom

athlom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
@wannabe1

No it's not an OEM MB, I did a "Build-To-Order" PC off of tiger direct which was then made by Systemax.

Winaudit also did not find anything.

Here's those as per request:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by athlom, 27 October 2009 - 04:06 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Would you by chance still have your shipping slip from tigerdirect?
That would show the components used to build your system?
You also could log on to Tigerdirect and pull the original invoice and that should show the MB also.

athlom

athlom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I do not have the shipping invoice, as it was about 2 years ago I've had the PC, however on the inside of the computer on the bottom there;s a white sticker that says everything it was shipped with, or at least inside the cmputer wise (excluding monitor, speakers etc). It had only said nvidia nForce though, I've double checked several times.

I just remembered though supportformypc.com had a thing where I can enter my serial and it'll show me all the products my pc has and give me drivers and what not, maybe it'll say what Manf. made my MB, or if not I may be able to link a certain driver to a certain manufacturer, not sure if that'd work though.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Worth a try at this point.

athlom

athlom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Nothing on there regarding a Manf. for my MB. Hmmm...
I mean I want to say it's most likely an EVGA, but I'm really not sure.
Anybody take a look at those pictures yet?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Pictures do not show anything that would help.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Is there a Part Number (P/N) on the white tag to the right of the North Bridge chipset (above the South Bridge chipset)?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Also have you tried Belarc yet? Don't post the log here (unless you cut out all your confidential info like networking and product keys). Just report back if it gives anything under the Motherboard heading.

athlom

athlom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Is there a Part Number (P/N) on the white tag to the right of the North Bridge chipset (above the South Bridge chipset)?

I'm kinda computer retarded when it comes to names like that, where would that be exactly?
If you could elaborate at all.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
The tiny fan on the bottom-right is cooling the South Bridge, so above that somewhere according to wannabe1.

athlom

athlom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Okay, well I found 2 white stickers on my MB as far I as could see, one was next to the fan cooling the south bridge that started with Production 05.
The second one was right next to the RAM and started off with a barcode then, nForce 680i LT SLI, with numbers following, could this be what you were looking for by any chance?

If so, I'll post the numbers if not, then I don't see a need.