Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gmail.com no longer loads on IE, Firefox or even Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply

s0nginmyheart

s0nginmyheart

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Hi,

This morning www.gmail.com would no longer load for me on my work computer. It was working fine in the morning and stopped somewhere after 10a. Our work uses gmail so I know it wasn't blocked intentionally. It does not seem to load in IE 8 or Firefox 3.5.3. I also just downloaded Google Chrome and it would not load there either.

The weird part is that my co-workers computer is able to load Gmail. I've tried re-setting the router. I've done a clear cache, and also a friend suggested I do this through the command prompt which I did.

I also called RCN (our cable service provider) and they had me do a winsock reset via command prompt but that did not fix the problem. They said they couldn't help me trouble shoot any further.

I have AVS Antivirus 8.5.421 installed and didn't see anything being "blocked" under advanced settings.

Can anyone help me fix this? Many thanks in advance...

Advertisements