Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game runs slowly in multiplayer

• Please log in to reply

the_king

the_king

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,

My game runs very slowly in any gamemode, FPS suffers greatly and goes down to as little as 7fps during firefights.

During installation the game recognized my system as "Great" in every field.

This is driving me crazy because I know this PC can handle this game even on high/medium settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Attached Files

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi the king,
Welcome to Geeks To Go,

I'd suggest checking temperatures. Try CoreTemp and Speedfan. If they get high during graphics intensive gameplay, invest in a better cooling solution.

Open Task Manager and keep that open on the Resource Monitor, play the game. When you start to slow down during a firefight, alt tab back to Windows and have a look at what is using your system resources. Is the CPU usage high? Memory? Hard Drives? Network activity? Let us know.

Check to see if you have the latest drivers for your hardware.

Closing as many background tasks as you can. Especially those things next to the clock in the right hand side of the task bar. Obviously the Anti Virus and Firewall should be running but you might be able to close a few things off such as Windows Sidebar. I see you have Avast running, that is usually a good AV as far as resources go.

Lastly, lower the resolution in the games settings, lower shading, etc. This can help ease the load on your system.

I wrote a detailed guide HERE on speeding up your system.

the_king

the_king

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
the problem persists eventough i had to change my harddrive due to a physical malfunction so it most possibly is hardware(this is my conclusion) but the problem is... i dont know what hardware is running bad or not at all

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Run Memtest
Got to your hard drive manufacturers website and run any applicable test tools they have available. There are some HERE, I don't know how reliable they are.

Try the suggestions above about Temperature, CPU, Hard Drive and memory usage, if the game or another process starts to use high amounts of resources, you could pin point the particular problem to a particular device. Otherwise its like stabbing in the dark.

Take some screenshots of anything you think doesn't look right. Post them here.

the_king

the_king

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i'm a bit scared of thigs that you have to boot up + i have no CD's i can burn it on... so i dont know how to boot it then

+ i cant read the README properly

Edited by the_king, 21 October 2009 - 01:43 PM.

the_king

the_king

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
2,3gb freed from temp files

the_king

the_king

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
this was kinda unsetteling

Attached Thumbnails

• RAM...wierd.jpg

the_king

the_king

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
that may be the problem

any solution to it?

Edited by the_king, 21 October 2009 - 01:41 PM.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
It depends on how much RAM do you have? Have a look in the Task Manager and Resource Monitor to see what particulary is using the memory.
How old is the Operating System? When did you install it?

the_king

the_king

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i have 2gig RAM inserted in my pc...

the OS i use has been updated by win update alot... its around 3 yrs old (the install cd)

i hav had to reformat the pc 3-4 times in this time 1.st time it was because the pc was crammed wit downloads 2nd was to be sure i didnt bring anyviruses to a lan... third time was to try to solve this issue. then lastly my harddrive failed so i had to get a new one 500gig (250 gig previous)

the current OS is 1-3 months old

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
There must be something using a lot of your memory if you have two gigs and you only have 854MB avaliable. (Even with Vista). Find out whats using it.

the_king

the_king

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
how?

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Open Task Manager and keep that open on the Resource Monitor, play the game. When you start to slow down during a firefight, alt tab back to Windows and have a look at what is using your system resources. Is the CPU usage high? Memory? Hard Drives? Network activity? Let us know.

the_king

the_king

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
will do as soon as i can

the_king

the_king

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
heres the image i managed to produce

but later i see that i just cover memory section

Attached Thumbnails

• firefight.jpg

Edited by the_king, 23 October 2009 - 06:23 PM.