Starting a while back maybe like two weeks ago my computer started overheating and occasionally turn off and the screen would say "thermal event has occured, your computer has overheated" or something like that. But i eventually clean out my computer just taking out the big clumps of dust and cleaning the fans and it worked fine for a while. but now every time i try to turn it on it just hums really loud and all the lights light up correctly but nothing happens. whats odd is i suspect maybe its a monitor or video card problem but i am not sure since the monitor wont show any image and the monitor and video card are both connected properly.
i am typing this from a friends house so please be patient with responses.
my computer is a custom made computer made from someone else given to me as a gift so i personally cannot tell you the exact specs of it, only what i know. i do know its running windows xp, has 1 gb of ram, and the video card is an ATI RADEON 1800X
thank you in advance.