Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blank Screen

• Please log in to reply

Rush4056

Rush4056

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Have a Dell Latitude D620. When the laptop is running on the battery, it will boot fine but typically within 10 seconds the screen will go dark but not black. Simply, there is no brightness. If I tilt the screen just right I can see the graphics but they are nearly as dark as a non-powered screen. The computer will boot fine. I can see my "dark" desktop and move the cursor around. I can run and launch any program. However, the screen is so dark I cannot work like this long term. I have played with the brightness keys with no luck. I have two batteries that I have interchanged. Nothing happens. However, if I run the computer on AC power, it never happens and the computer runs perfectly fine.

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi Rush4056
It sounds like a problem with the backlight.

It is probably something difficult to fix if it is only happening when the Laptop is physically connected to the wall outlet.

Power Supply, wiring, etc.

Rush4056

Rush4056

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks. I found if I pushed on the bottom of the screen frame the problem would go away. Replaced the screen and inverter. The invereter is what I was pushing on and problem is 100% fixed. Thanks.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
I was going to suggest the inverter, but it didn't make sense because the inverter is still in play when connected to the main power.

Anyways, glad you got it sorted out and you let us know.