Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling McAffee Enterprise

• Please log in to reply

furycat

furycat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
there was no export option.
but i saved it.

Attached Files

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

+ "HP Software Update"
+ "hpqSRMon"
+ "iTunesHelper"
+ "McAfeeUpdaterUI"
+ "ShStatEXE"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched"
+ "TkBellExe"
+ "AdobeUpdater6"
+ "MsnMsgr"
+ "WMPNSCFG"

The highlighted ones are the McAfee entries that startup everytime you load windows.

When done restart computer and then:

Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:
It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

A side note
+ "uTorrent"
Although using P2P programs like Utorrent are not illegal, the files downloaded could contain potential infections. By continuing to use these programs will put you at a higher risk for infection. If you continue to use these programs GTG may not be able to provide assistance in the future.

Once this is all completed then try to use Revo again. Hopefully witht he entries removed in Autoruns you will be able to uninstall McAfee then.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
If you take it to a shop, they may try everything we did and still not get it removed. They will probably reformat and reinstall the OS.
You will lose your data if its not backed up.
You will have to reinstall all programs.

rshaffer61, Do we dare try searching and editing the registry? Of course backup with erunt.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The registry is the last issue I want to start playing with. It may come to that but I don't want to till we have exhausted every other avenue.
I'm hoping with the discovery of the entries in autoruns that this will correct the problem as that is why it keeps saying the files are in use.
If it comes to taking it to a shop I would make sure everything is backed up and that the shop is given the link to this to see what has been done. There is no reason for them to redo steps that have already been taken.