Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java Refuses To Install!

• Please log in to reply

Saikurii

Saikurii

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Woo! New laptop. Proceeded to download everything I wanted (social networking programs, etc) without a problem. Except, for Java.

The only constant error message I receive is "Failure to download (program) from (location) to (folder)."
The set-up file (both Online & Offline) downloads without a problem. Once I run this set-up Wizard, it all falls apart.

I've attempted:
- Downloading both Online & Offline versions of the installation
- Checking the 'Change Destination Folder' box
- Downloading Windows Installer

Once I hit "Install >" the error (mentioned above) appears and the installer shuts down completely.
Also, I've checked the Program Files for Java, and none have been created, so I can't really delete them ;P

Going crazy! I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.
Fee free to ask me for more detail.

Thanks; Sai

Edited by Saikurii, 21 October 2009 - 06:56 AM.

Advertisements

4uz

4uz

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
type in the google search box; java refuses to install . you'll get ton's of answers and suggestions. all from the help forums like this one.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please download JavaRa from the link in my signature below to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
* Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
* Accept any prompts.
* Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
* Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.