Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

xbox 360 "pc not listed"

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am trying to connect my xbox 360 to my laptop since a week now with no luck.
Windows Vista home is the program on the laptop. The connection is established through the xbox 360 wireless network adapter and a netgear router.
The xbox 360 live is running through the same network my laptop is - I checked through pinging the IP, and the xbox is also listed in my WMP11 as allowed device for media sharing and is listed as a device in my network and sharing center-. So my laptop can see the xbox, but the xbox can't find my laptop. I opened all the firewall ports and have no second firewall running.
Any ideas what the problem might be? I am thankful for every suggestion!