Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista missing CD\DVD device drivers

• Please log in to reply

Vigasan

Vigasan

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
After a power outage in my apartment, my computer will not boot up anymore. At first it got up to the user selection then gave me a BSOD, now it goes to the screen with green loading bars then takes forever to go to user selection screen which then takes forever before either remaining at the WELCOME screen, or loading a blue background and nothing else. I tried to format my drive using command prompt from VISTA recovery disc but it just shows drive X:Source and C says something about being unable to do so because it's NTSF or something. So I though I'd reformat my computer, and I put in the VISTA dvd and booted from it, it goes past the loading files screen but then it says "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it..." I never got a back-up disc for my computer so I don't have the drives backed up. Can someone please help me get my computer up and running, or help me reformat it completely.

I'm trying to install VISTA x64 bit, and my hard drive is SATA (Western Digital, WD3200AAJS) I can't find the drivers online and it says I need to install it to a floppy and my computer doesn't have a floppy drive.

Manufacturer: ACER
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Hard Drive: 309 GB Total
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4670
Monitor: SyncMaster T220/T220G(Digital)

EDIT: When I try system restore with recovery disc, it says that no recovery points were found even though I know for sure that I have tons of them.

Also, when I try to run my computer in safe mode, it gets up to crcdisk.sys then it stops forever, I've left it on for a whole day and it stays at crcdisk.sys

I just ran hirens and formatted my hard drive and repartitioned it and not it says ntldr is missing and doesn't go past that.
Please help me out.

Advertisements