Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc stopped working press power nothing happens

• Please log in to reply

gelmancadet

gelmancadet

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i built a new computer about two weeks ago (my first build)i got it up and running its been working fine then tonight all of a sudden it just went off stopped working ive pressed power switch just in case it come back on but nothing happens i opened the case to check all connections and the power supply the fan dont come on(its brand new)but theres power going to motherboard i can tell this because the light on my cardreader is on and its also giving power to external hard drive and external dvd rw.i dont know much about computers im learning so any advice would be really appeciated..the motherboard is (ASROCK ALIVENF6G-GLAN)2GB RAM DDR2)250GB HARDDRIVE SATA)500W POWER SUPPLY)PROCESSER IS DUAL CORE 64X 5000 2.7 MHz socket AM2)THATS ALL I KNOW ABOUT SPECS THANKS

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

<snip>... the power supply the fan dont come on

If the PS fan doesn't come on (or spin?), then you need to check if the fan is frozen. Sometimes frozen fans will pull down the +12 volt line to where the computer will not boot. Don't depend on leds to tell you things might be ok. If the PS fan is bad, then you shouldn't be attempting to run the computer or you may cause more damage. If the PS is new, then consider RMA'ing it.

gelmancadet

gelmancadet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
thanks for replying it is the power supply its not working itryed another power supply and it works ok thanks