Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloading issues

• Please log in to reply

WeAllWeGot

WeAllWeGot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I hope this is the correct forum and, if it's not, someone is kind enough to point me in the right direction. Anyway, I'm running ie7 with windowsxp although i sometimes had the same problem with ie6. When i click download on rapidshare or a similiar site, it often takes forever for the download window to pop-up. When the window does popup, my download is usually really fast (sort of like it's been downloading the whole time, but the window just decided to show up now). This usually happens after i've already had 1 or 2 normal downloads. It's not always like this, but it's becoming more and more frequent. For whatever reason, i prefer IE to Safari/Firefox/etc so i'm looking for solutions other than changing browsers. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi WeAllWeGot,
Welcome to the site.

Have a look at this guide HERE. Follow through the guide, especially points 5 and 6.

Let us know if any of that helps.