Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Thinking About Upgrading my Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hello all! I've been thinking about upgrading my motherboard, and I know by doing this I will need to buy new Memory, and a new CPU as well to fit the board.

I want to upgrade so I can run a couple of games and also run the new Windows 7. I had Windows 7 installed, and it was causing my PC to lag constantly due by running my CPU very high.

I was wondering if I can get some good recommendations with my Motherboard/CPU/Memory. Is that all that their is that it has to be compatible with ?

My current PC is an HP A1312n , but I feel its cheaper to upgrade the parts then spend even more on getting a new Computer.

Edited by Charliee03, 22 October 2009 - 06:07 AM.

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi Charliee03,
You will need a new graphics card for any upgrade, also a new Power Supply. I'd suggest a new case also.
In my opinion you are probably best keeping the DVD burner keyboard, mouse and hard drive from that computer and upgrading everything else. It really depends on how much you are willing to spend.

If you tell us how much you wanted to spend, we could give you recommendations based on that amount.