Can't reinstall printer after system recovery
Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:31 AM
Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:53 AM
Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Open Add/Remove Programs and look for the HP Printer, uninstall it. (or you can uninstall the printer using the installation CD.)
Click Start, and then click Run. Type Msiexec /unregister and click OK.
Click Start, and then click Run. Type Msiexec /reregister and click OK.
Reinstall the HP software from the CD.
Tell us if that worked.
Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:32 PM
Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:43 PM
Here is another suggestion:
- Insert the installation CD in the computer.
- Click Cancel to close the autorun screen.
- Open the Run window.
- Windows XP: Click Start , and then click Run.
- Windows Vista: On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), type Run in the Start Search box, and then press Enter .
- Click Browse .
- Find the drive that contains the software CD, and then double-click the drive.
- Click the Util folder, and then double-click the CCC folder.
- Double-click the file Uninstall_L4.bat .
- Click OK to run the Level 4 uninstall.
- Restart the computer after the software removal process finishes.
- Disconnect the USB cable from both the product and the computer (if you already connected it).
- Open a new window to browse to the Select Software and Drivers page:
- Right-click this link, Select Software and Drivers , and then click Open in New Window .
- If prompted, type your product number. You might also need to click it in a list of similar products.
- Click your operating system.
- The Select software and drivers page opens.
- In the Driver section, click the Full Feature Software and Drivers option.
- Thoroughly review the download options and information, and then click Install now or Download only , depending on your download preferences.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:21 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users