Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help Im in hot water! pos server crash!

• Please log in to reply

boysboyz6

boysboyz6

• Pip
  • 2 posts
so, here is my problem i have a dell, (thats just the start, lol), it is a deminsion 4500 1.9Ghz 512 ram 80 gig hd nothing fancy. well the computer is my buddy's bars Pos server for Digital dining. this point of sale machine had to be out fitted with all new hardware same specs. well put a new o\s now i cant load digital dining. i get error message, Component
'comctl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered; a file
is missing or invalid."
tried To register it start the command prompt (in admin mode). Change to the
c:\windows\system32 folder if not there already. Then do: regsvr32
comstl32.ocx
Fail! this is the second o\s fyi the first i try to repair it ith oem bdisc from dell boots to black screen with white cursor. so that why im trying it on another os but it is still a dell oem windows xp pro. same product code and everything. so i would like to solve the original os problem with the booting to black screen thing cause digital dining is there with all settings but if not how can i fix this ocx problem? need advice quick longer this computer is down the hotter the water gets. this computer runs our cash registers and everything for our bar. so i beg for help :) :) :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
COMCTL32.OCX is part of the Visual Basic 6 Runtimes.
You don't say what version of Windows you're using, but you can get the runtimes fom here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887

boysboyz6

boysboyz6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am sorry my operating system is windows xp professional service pack one this computer id not connected to the intrenet and doenst need to update it function in life is to run digital dining and that is where we have a problem thank you