Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

need registry entries for KB974417-NET Framework update

• Please log in to reply

luvpats

luvpats

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello if one of you very nice individuals would please be so kind as to send me the registry entries for KB974417-the NET Framework update which came out in October I would really appreciate it very much.

I had to install the dll's manually and I just need the registry entries so I can complete the update.

My email address is <removed> or you can post it here. I can install it in the registry myself.
Thank you!

Edited by handhfan, 22 October 2009 - 08:12 PM.
removed email address

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

You're kidding right? Unless you can specify which registry entries these are (by address), how is anyone going to determine which ones to send to you?

Why are you having to install this update manually, and where are you getting directions to do so? Why can't you just install the update? Are you having specific problems doing so?

luvpats

luvpats

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
The update won't install so I just installed the dll files manually so I just needed the registry entries so I can show that the update has been installed. It is OK I will figure it out myself. I just thought someone has already been able to download it and can send me the registry entries to show it has been installed. I have a lot of trouble with NET Framework. Sometimes the updates install, sometimes not. I was able to install 4.0 Beta just fine but when it came to this update for 2.0 SP2 it would not install. It is a weird program I am suprised so many programs have to have it installed to work.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The problem with Net framework is that the versions are independent. The best thing to do is uninstall all versions and then start with NF1, and so on. Yah, many programs depend on NF and not only that, they depend on specific versions which make things more difficult.

You might want to read THIS thread to see if it can help you resolve your issue.