Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

MJboyd

MJboyd

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I recently upgraded from vista to 7. I was getting a blue screen on startup on occasion but was eventually able to get logged in, now I get a blue screen with different info (below)and cannot get past the startup, desktop will show but before everything is loaded it goes to the blue screen, also, I can boot in safe mode with no problem, any help would be much appreciated.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: e4
BCP1: 0000000000000002
BCP2: FFFFF8800318C530
BCP3: FFFFF8800318C550
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102309-35115-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-80792-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft....mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thank You For Your Time And Any Response,
Mike

Edited by MJboyd, 23 October 2009 - 11:34 AM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello MJboyd...

What kind of computer is this happening on? Is it a laptop or desktop machine?

Do you have a camera or webcam either attached via usb or a built in webcam?

wannabe1

MJboyd

MJboyd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It is a Dell 1737 laptop and yes there is a built-in webcam. I also ran blue screen view and am attaching the results to this post.
Thank You For The Help,
Mike

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   58.53KB   303 downloads

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I saw in another topic where this problem was carried over from Vista. There is a Vista hotfix available for the problem HERE. I've never tried applying this hotfix in Windows 7, but as the problem originally manifested itself in Vista, and Windows 7 being based on the Vista Kernel, I'd sure give this a shot first off.

I've also seen this issue caused by a bad memory module or a bad memory slot on the motherboard. If the hotfix doesn't fix it, we'll look at the memory.

MJboyd

MJboyd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank You, I will try that right now and post back either way.
Mike

MJboyd

MJboyd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I tried to use the hotfix and it wont run in safe mode which is all I can get to run. I have found a line on the blue screen that says "Executive worker found in memory. I hope this can be fixed soon. Thank You for your help

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Do you have any McAfee products installed on the machine? The file you attached earlier indicates a problem with a file commonly used by McAfee.

The BSoD errors you're getting suggest a bad or outdated driver may be involved. "Executive worker found in memory" errors usually occur after a driver installation fails to release the portion of memory it was using...for this error, turn the machine off and unplug it from power. Let it sit 20 to 30 minutes then start it back up...that should clear the RAM memory.

MJboyd

MJboyd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I Wanted to say thank you, I deleted McAfee and the problem was gone.
Do you know if I a clean install will the problem return?
I really appreciate your help.
Mike