Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wplugin.dll- NES trojan - google chrome

• Please log in to reply

jolene singh

jolene singh

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
hello
recently my google chrome has started showing some problem. when i try to launch it, my antivirus eset nod32 blocks it. I cant uninstall it either cause then too, eset blocks it. i could try deactivating nod32 for a while, while i uninstall it, but i am scared of letting in a stray virus.
my nod32 shows some kind of wplugin.dll problem. I have copied its entry into the log.
please advise the best way to come out of this.

10/24/2009 6:31:56 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Documents and Settings\UserXP\Application Data\Wplugin.dll Win32/TrojanProxy.Agent.NES trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined PRIVE-239684D0C\UserXP Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Documents and Settings\UserXP\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\2.0.172.33\Installer\setup.exe.

thank you
jolene

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

jolene singh

jolene singh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
thank you
will do as suggested