Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 installation issues

• Please log in to reply

heat123

heat123

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I have tried several things to cure this error code. I will list these below.

1. I changed the drop down menu from 64 bit default to 32 bit recommended since I have Windows Vista Home Premimum 32 bit.

2. I turned my antivirus off which is Mcaffee.

3. I also ran the scanning tool that microsoft has for finding the most common infections and it came back clean.

4. I have also ran the Windows 7 update advisor and it said all things were compatible and there would be no problems.

I have called Microsoft and have not had much success and still am on the phone as I am typing this post.

It first came back with several problems which I used the uninstall utility to uninstall Trend Micro, checked and confirmed my printer driver was up to date and uninstalled Dell Datasafe Online and Dell Modem Diagnostic Tool.

All I want to do is be able to install Windows 7 and first I have to be able to fix this error code.

Thanks,
heat123

Advertisements