Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how is this done

• Please log in to reply

gold_y

gold_y

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
hey all.i just came across this page and wanted to know what is wrong with this page.

http://comment.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...03!10108993

when you open this page you get to the sixth page on myspace comments page of a someone now if you scroll down to the end of this page (not at the start of the page, those work fine) you would have certain options like going back a page or to go to a previous page.When you press the button you are supposed to go back a page but instead are redirected to a different page which is

http://www.buyatmacys.com/index.cfm?fuseac...955!5674606

everything else is absolutely the same just that the website is different and you end up at that page.Can someone tell me if this is a hacker profile and how is it done?.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If your browser's history does not contain the previous page or pages, it does not know what to return to. You could wind up on any thing.

Try tracking from page 1 to page 6, then use the "Previous" link. It works just fine.

gold_y

gold_y

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
for starters i would like to say that the link has been copied from the previous button by my firefox browser option and if you would look at the full link you would see that page # is mentioned in the both the addresses.6 in the first and 5 in second everything else is just the same just that instead of myspace.com in the second address we have www.buyatmacys.com.it seems apparently the code remains but the website address changes if you wanna see i would recommend you to copy both the addresses and see for yourself.

Edited by gold_y, 24 October 2009 - 07:08 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I already saw that, but it makes no difference if your browser has not been referred from the previous links. You take them out of order and use the previous/next links without the proper referral and that's what you get. Once the browser has some history it will work.

I clicked your first link from GTG page. Then I clicked Previous and I got to page 5 OK. That's because my browser now has it it History. I even cleared the Cache, History and all Cookies. In fact I cleared ALL Private Data and HTTP Authentication. Then did a refresh, logged back in to make this reply. Clicked your first link again, click Previous and it went to page 5 with no problems. I even dropped your link in other browsers and it worked fine the first time.

I'm sure this is because I started originally from the original page, clicked to see all comments and started click Next. Still, all my History is no longer in the browser along with cookies, cache, etc..

MySpace has known to have have links redirect elsewhere at times. Just like Facebook had problems with Viruses in their images and games.

gold_y

gold_y

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I want you to click the page links at the bottom of page and i have tried it logged in with my account and still get the same results nomatter how many pages i see before and after the link.I even tried it on my other browsers( i have SRware Iron and IE 8).when i copy the address in IE it comes up fine but in Iron and Firefox i get the same issue and because i am logged in so the cookies are not being deleted and my browser knows where i am.

Edited by gold_y, 24 October 2009 - 07:44 PM.

gold_y

gold_y

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
i looked at the page source option in Firefox to see what it was that was happening and the address that it redirects to doesnot mention www.comments.myspace.com which i believe is the part that is being changed.Now please someone tell me why and how is the other link i.e. www.buyatmacys.com coming from?????It maybe coming from the second comment on the page but which has that link embedded in the comment but how does it make its way down to the link is what i am trying to understand.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry about that. My bad. Was trying to multi-task here with someone needing PHP help. You are right. The bottom link is entirely different than the top one on page 6. In fact the "1‹‹6of 6" at bottom has the same bad link on page 6. The top "1‹‹6of 6" is okay.

Going to ask her to check the link codes if she can. I have had some of my MySpace links changed.

Sorry for being so dense here.

gold_y

gold_y

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Sorry for the delay i guess but you know a man has got to sleep too at times.So you are suggesting i can manipulate my profile page adding links at places that myspace does not let me edit? If yes please tell me how is it done and is it dangerous?