Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 but no Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

kirny1

kirny1

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I just got a new laptop and it has windows 7 in it. I don't have outlook express however in this program. Can I get outlook express to download it to this version of Microsoft??? :) I looked for a download from microsoft but got nowhere with it. Seems like they are all repair downloads if you have the outlook express already and not the program itself. Help please, Kirny

Advertisements

geekhelp4u

geekhelp4u

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Outlook express is no more - and has been replaced with Windows Live Mail

If you opted for Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate - you can however run outlook express from XP Mode

Edited by geekhelp4u, 24 October 2009 - 07:25 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

I just got a new laptop and it has windows 7 in it. I don't have outlook express however in this program. Can I get outlook express to download it to this version of Microsoft??? :) I looked for a download from microsoft but got nowhere with it. Seems like they are all repair downloads if you have the outlook express already and not the program itself. Help please, Kirny

Go into Control Panel -> Windows Update.
On a check for Updates, check the "Windows Live Essentials". If it doesn't appear you need to upgrade to a free Microsoft Update. You can do this from the bottom of the Windows Update screen. Or failing that, go here: http://home.live.com/

Windows Live Essentials will download a program called Windows Live Mail. It is the replacement for Outlook Express, Outlook Express is continued in favour of Windows Live Mail.