Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

• Please log in to reply

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
The film's quite good, even though it suffers from the same old, tired 'Happy Hollywood' ending.

Advertisements

EndProductUser

EndProductUser

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

I will turn 22 :)

I'm not sure that I believe the world will end, it may just end up like what happened when 2000 rolled around. Which was a whole lot of hype and an increase in canned food sales.

But thats just my opinion :)

I have to agree there. Every 10 or so years, they need an excuse to freak everyone out and make some really bad movies.

Binky_Winky

Binky_Winky

• Pip
  • 3 posts
2012, they say the maiyans predicteded the "end of the world"...

Thats bull, the maiyan calendar ends, and it recycles back to where it started LOL

Its overhyped SHI*e to sell a film.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

I'm not sure that I believe the world will end, it may just end up like what happened when 2000 rolled around. Which was a whole lot of hype and an increase in canned food sales.

I have to agree there. Every 10 or so years, they need an excuse to freak everyone out and make some really bad movies.

Haha yeah. Very true. :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I'm just worried we're going to run out of internets.

Intell360

Intell360

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I agree with snowchick here, they said the world would end in 2000 as well .

But oh well, we'll see what happens won't we :) .

I agree too. this is just another mass hysteria, if you look back at "end of the world" theories, theres hundreds of them, and they all end the same way

Down With Malware!

Down With Malware!

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I think the whole 2012 ending the world has gotten out of control. Plus the writings on the calender never said about anything "ending" the calender just stops. This can mean any of the following:

1. They got tired of writing and decided to do something else.

2. The calender simply restarts itself after the year 2012 from one.

3. It can mean a start of a new age, good or bad I cannot say.

4. The calender can completely mean something else like a calender for the stars or sometthing.

I am not even going to list "end of the world" because I believe its complete non-sense. The Mayans did human sacrifices and worshiped the planet virus, this for me looses all creditability with them. After the 2012 has passed by a "miracle" some people will claim I bet you the next "end of the world" date will be 2035 for a giant meteor that will crash and end all life on this planet as we know it. The chance of it hitting us is 1 out of 45,000.

There are some "scientists and experts" that will say this or that will happen in 2012..But when this passes we will see where the "scientists and experts" are then. :)

That's my two cents

Edited by Down With Malware!, 16 February 2010 - 12:42 AM.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I don't think the world will end, I think we will end... someday. My personal belief on 2012 being that day is more religious, so that's as far as this forum will allow me to say on that.

The world will be here forever, I presume. Maybe a stars death will eat it up or destroy it, who knows. But even then, the atoms and dust will belong to something else, maybe Earth #2, maybe part of another solar system, but the world in a physical sense atomically will live forever.

Edited by Ferrari, 16 February 2010 - 02:45 AM.