Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing hal.dll

• Please log in to reply

timmmm

timmmm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
After my BIOS boots (reversion A11 Phenox) i get this message
"the following file is either missing or corrupt ,"
"<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll"
"try re-installing the above file"
my problem is that after that screen BIOS boots again....
im stuck in a loop and cant reinstall anything , i cant even get to the logon screen. i posted this as a reply to a similar article and didnt realize the admins had said to start new topics for this ... anyway,
"" i havnt done anything about it yet though . if it helps , the last time my computer let me in i removed an app from the startup from msconfig , i believe it was called "APVXDWIN" ... im not entirely sure but i think it was related to Panda antivirus and was causing my computer to run very slowly . i dont want to screw up my computer either , but i do need to be able to access my original files . i tried doing a dual boot from BackTrack3 which i have on a external HDD but nothing successfuly . ""
from most other peoples experance with this error they are able to access the Boot.ini and such .

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Almost countless possible reasons: http://pcsupport.abo...ssinghaldll.htm

timmmm

timmmm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok ill check into it . and thannks for the fast reply. IVE Been checking into APVXDWIN and i cant figure out how to create a link so ... http://www.file.net/...vxdwin.exe.html
im not sure what itll help or not , i checked the link Broni posted and sofar i havnt goten anywhere , i am however still looking .

Edited by timmmm, 25 October 2009 - 09:25 PM.