Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Antivirus pro and police pro virus bad infection!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

OhNoSamSam

OhNoSamSam

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My comp has become infected with both these viruses. They seem to be combining together. Anti virus pro pops up frequently and scans my computer detecting 200+ threats. It then requests payment to fix these threats. It has also infected my computer in many other ways...
- Cannot open any other programs xcept internet explorer, wen i attempt to open these a small blak notepad command box appears for a few seconds and then disappears. ( Note – I CAN open word docs thru my saved files however.
- Wen i startup windows a blak background screen appears behind my login. Then when desktop appears several boxes ( like mentioned before) flash up.
- I cannot access the task manager and it says it has been disabled by the admin – then when i try to change this i cANt open any control panel options.

Windows police pro pops up wen i am using the internet and says it has detected a threat and to follow the link. If i click no or the x it comes up with a grey box with no options but a space to fill out a code. I then have to log off to remove this. If i follow the link it leads me to more anti virus pro advertising.

I attempted to fix my comp through a forum of someone with a similar problem. I followed the instructions and downloaded smitfraudfix and scanned and cleansed with that but the black boxes and acess denied appeared. The instructions then said to reboot my comp in safe mode which i am unable2 do so as it comes up wif heaps of lines of white writing on a blak background sayin windows/system32 or somfing along those lines.
I also have combofix on my comp but it fails to run (blak box)
Please cud u help me owt im 15 and only average wif computers...

Advertisements

Johny90

Johny90

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Ouch, you sound pretty screwed.

Is there vital information on your computer?

And i mean vital information, not save games for warcraft 3 or whatever :)

OhNoSamSam

OhNoSamSam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ahhh no i don't have any games on it..
And naa apart from some schoolwork and that stuff, but no banking details or whatever.
Thanks.

chamber

chamber

Face Burnin' Malware Fighter

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,712 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Johny90

Johny90

• Pip
  • 9 posts
removed advice

Johny90

Johny90

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

He cannot open any programs, i really doubt he would be able to follow that guide?

Edited by Johny90, 26 October 2009 - 03:40 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Most of our cases in the Malware Removal forum deal with this specific infection. Sam needs to post in the right forum, not here, to get help.